Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Bay St. George Sick Children's Foundation

So, it's the 25th Anniversary of the Bay St. George Sick Children's Foundation. This wonderful organization provides financial support to families who have to travel out of the area for medical care. This foundation was formed 25 years ago after a group of volunteers organized a fundraiser for me. 
The fundraiser was held on March 10th, 1997 at the Stephenville High School gym. They raised $4,100.
I was in the Janeway for almost a full year and my mom stayed at hostel across the street. 
I wasn't able to attend the event as I was still in the hospital but someone recorded it for me. I was overwhelmed then and I am now, 25 years later still blown away with the kindness and generosity of people in this area.
When I finally returned home from the Janeway people dropped off food and gifts and cards and some people told me how much they prayed for me. 
I will never forget the love my family and I received from this beautiful little town. 
If you can please donate to the Bay St. George Sick Children's Foundation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment