Tuesday, January 3, 2023

and its Christmas all over again

Ah Christmas, a time to rest and relax and rejuvenate yourself for the hard winter ahead. This year my body decided to just break all the way down and I found myself being sick in one way or another from December 23rd to today, January 3rd. 
It all started with a urinary tract infection a few days before I was finished work. This infection progressed into a kidney infection and I found myself throwing up in a friends bathroom after a dinner party.
I had one day on December 27th where the infection was gone. However, the next day I had a hip bleed and went into emergency for a blood transfusion.
The icing on top of course was the sadness I felt about not having my mom around for Christmas. 
I am now back to work, tired, sad and bitter that Christmas break went so awry. However, there is not one damn thing I can do about it so Im just trying to grin and bear it. 
This poem really summed up how I have been feeling. 

The Music Crept By Us
from Flowers For Hitler by Leonard Cohen

I would like to remind
the management
that the drinks are watered
and the hat-check girl
has syphilis
and the band is composed
of former SS monsters
However since it is
New Year’s Eve
and I have lip cancer
I will place my
paper hat on my
concussion and dance

No comments:

Post a Comment