Thursday, June 16, 2022

Momma

So, its been 5 weeks without my Mom. Its still so hard to adjust to. When I make soup, I think oh I have to get a container now and bring some down to her. When I drive by her street I always think to pull in and have a visit. Things may never go back to normal but I am finding myself more grateful lately. Grateful for the time I did have with her, grateful for all the lessons she taught me and grateful for all of our friends and family who helped us through a terrible time. 
I had an iron infusion last week as my iron was down to single digits and Monday I had an ultrasound. It was the first medical things I ever had completed without my mom by my side or at least the ability to call and complain to her afterwards.
I am trying to focus on the future. I've been planning things for myself to look forward to while still trying to give myself space to grieve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment