Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Camp Blast

So, Zane and I recently went to Hemophilia Camp here in Newfoundland. It was a wonderful weekend. I was anxious going into it not really knowing what to expect, still grieving, but everyone was so kind and welcoming I couldn't help but enjoy myself. 
The kids were also so sweet and thoughtful, making sure everyone was included in their games, taking turns with the Marshmallow roasting sticks. I've been involved with the Canadian Hemophilia Society since 2009 but never with the Newfound
land chapter. I have to say they are a great group of people and I am glad I went out of my comfort zone and went! I also accepted a position on the board as Communications Coordinator. 
When I got home from camp I found myself wondering why my parents didn't take me to camp when I was younger, and then I thought about how they aren't around anymore for me to ask them and it was a very strange feeling. It still shocks me sometimes how they are both gone and what my life looks like moving forward without them. 
Despite missing them I am happy and healthy for the moment and grateful for my weekend at camp!


1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I am so excited that I found this blog! I am a woman with factor VIII deficiency in Northern California. I have also lost my mother recently and my father (who I inherited my genetic disorder from) passed when I was 21. I am only 42 and suddenly find myself without parents to call in times of crisis or just to say hi. It can be hard when I now have no one who really understands what I am going through. I am also a mom and have to keep on keeping on for my teenager's sake. I am finding myself leaning more and more on my hemophilia family from all over the USA and am a big part of my local Northern California chapter of women with hemophilia group. I just want to tell you I appreciate you, your blog and your bravery to talk about it all online. Keep it up and feel free to email me a response (I am terrible with technology and am worried I won't find this blog again!) Wishing you and your family great health and wealth in all the ways that truly matter. With Respect, pamela@teachers.org

    ReplyDelete