Monday, August 1, 2016

Newfoundland Adventures

So, Zane and I just got back from 10 days in Newfoundland. It was quite the world wind tour, we went to a stag and doe, stood in a wedding, visited my mom in the hospital, took her home on a two day pass, visited with family and friends and did a bit of shopping. 
My heart is always broken when I come back from Newfoundland. I cry all the way to Toronto every time and even have a cry or two a few days before we are set to leave.
This trip was especially hard because I am worried about my momma. She just got out of the hospital after spending three months there for a hip replacement. She worked so hard in physio and has been in a lot of pain over the past three months. It was so nice to see her recovering and return to her home. She is so happy being home with all her memories and her family and friends just minutes away. I do worry about her though being home and dealing with Parkinson's. My mom and I have spent our entire lives together worrying about each other. Me with my Hemophilia and now her with her Parkinson's disease. Just like she couldn't stop or control my bleeding I can't control her Parkinson's and its progression.
All I can do is help her when she asks and pray for her health and happiness. 
I do love living in Calgary I love the great health care and our home and dogs and family and friends but I think a little piece of me will always be in Stephenville, Newfoundland. 



No comments:

Post a Comment