Sunday, August 31, 2014
So, apparently owning your home is a lot of work. Every day I am learning about all the new things that need to be taken care of. Not the mention the fact that we will have about 20 boxes to unpack. We are so happy to have our own home I feel so blessed and it is something I have dreamed about for a long time. And while some of our dreams are coming true we are also living a nightmare. One of our family members is terminally ill and Zane and I are devastated. Some days I get sad and cry about it, some times I pretend its not happening and some days I keep myself so busy I don't know whats going on.
Knowing that someone you love is sick and suffering is a terrible feeling. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and if I could take away some of her pain I certainly would. On the bright side she is going to come see our house and I am so happy she will get to see it. I am also praying that Zane and I will have millions of happy and healthy times here in our new home.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
So, I've been having stomach pain during the past couple days. An ultrasound showed that everything looks good, kidneys, ovaries and bladder. but now I am here in a lot of pain so I'm thinking maybe its arthritis I have had many really big bleeds in my hips so that could be it. I will go to the clinic on Monday and investigate further.
In other news Zane and I have purchased our very first home! We are very excited. I just love everything about it and I find myself staying up at night thinking about the colour scheme for each room.
However, Zane and I have a very sick family member at the moment and it seems like no matter what we do its impossible to not worry about her and think of her every day.
This blog is about my illness so I won't go on anymore about her illness but I can tell you our hearts are breaking.
If you don't have your health you really don't have anything. If anyone is reading this please take care of yourself as much as you can and enjoy your life every minute of it.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
So, Currently the World Congress is taking place is Austrailia. A good friend of mine told me that she met a wonderful wonderful person who is working on a factor 5 product. This is very very big news because as I've mentioned before there have been NO advancements in factor 5 products since it was first discovered in 1943.
I'm not sure of all the details but I've decided to make a top ten list of things I will do if I have access to a recombinant concentrate.
1. Get my wisdom teeth removed- According to my dentist I have 5 impacted wisdom teeth. At the moment they are causing me so much pain, my face is swollen and I can't hear out of my left eat. So I would elect to get these removed just so I wouldn't have to worry about it causing pain again.
2. I would get my gallbladder removed- I was diagnosed with gallstones when I was 12 years old. So far I've been able to control it with diet but I have had a few very painful attacks. It is always in the back of my mind that I will have an attack. Especially when I am travelling.
3. I would have a baby. If I had a concentrate I would definitely try having a baby or two or three.
4. I would play sports. I always loved playing baseball when I was a kid and I think I would start playing in a rec league or something fun like that.
5. I would travel move. At the moment I hate traveling because its always such an ordeal, I have to contact the hospital and worry about if I will get a bleed and how good or bad the hospital will be.
Some of the others things I might do would be maybe a small tattoo, another ear piercing. I can't think of a full ten but staying out of the hospital as much as possible would be nice!
Friday, March 28, 2014
So, I've been thinking that I need to start getting myself stronger and healthier. I am not 100% sure how to go about this but I have decided to start by losing weight. At the moment I could certainly stand to lose 50-60 pounds and I am determined to work on it in the healthiest way possible.
I've joined the gym and have been working out every second day. I am also following a low carb diet and trying to cut out sugar as much as possible.
Another part of my plan is to meet with a natural health practitioner to help me with vitamins and supplements and things like that.
I know I have a hard road a head of me but I know that it will be so much better for me overall.
Another goal for me is to have the weight gone by Hawaii. We are planning on heading there in October for 9 days. I have never been anywhere like Hawaii so I am really looking forward to it.
I promise I will try my best to be as healthy as possible but it will certainly be hard.