Monday, June 21, 2010

Family Emergency


So, on Thursday my step father had a massive heart attack.
My mother phoned me to give me the bad news while I was on my way to work. I felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I flew down on the first flight and got to Stephenville early Saturday morning.
He was flown air ambulance to St. John's and my mother and I have been by his side ever since.
I have to say though in all honesty I would much rather be sick then have anyone I love in the hospital, believe it or not it much less stressful being the sick one.
I got my wish though because on Monday night I ended up in the emergency room myself with a small hip bleed.
I was give four units of fresh frozen plasma and now I feel back to normal. Well as normal as you can feel living in the hospital.
Right now mom and I are waiting to get the test results back. I never realized what stress I put my family under before until now. I think next time I have to go to the hospital I'm not gonna tell anyone until I'm all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment