Sunday, August 5, 2012

Wheels for the World

So, today Zane and I are curled up watching the Olympics. We are watching the blade runner, Oscar Pistorius run in the Olympics.
Watching this amazing man overcome such a great obstacles reminds me of my friend, Barry.
Barry has certainly had his share of obstacles including Hemophilia and HIV, but being the amazing person he is he decided to do something about it. He began Wheels for the World a bike ride across American to raise awareness about those living with Hemophilia and HIV and to raise money for Save One Life. This non profit organization raises money for those living with Hemophilia and who do not have access to adequate medical care. Read more about it here http://saveonelife.net/.
Barry's goal is to ride more than 3,600 miles and raise more than $50,000.
To date he has raised more than $23,000.  To donate to Barry please visit http://saveonelife.net/wheels-for-the-world-fundraiser-biking.php.
Each day of the race is dedicated to someone we have lost in the Hemophilia community. When Barry heard about my friend John Plater who recently passed away he reached out to me and offered to offer up a day or riding for John.
This is the first time anyone has ever done something like this for Hemophilia.
Every time I see pictures of Barry's smiling face in different locations across the USA I am in awe. Sometimes I get so discouraged I can hardly make it out of bed in the morning but to see someone complete such a heroic, selfless act gives me so much courage.
Please take a minute and donate to this wonderful cause!

2 comments: