Monday, February 18, 2019

The Long and Winding Road

So, heres what has been going on with me. Back in November I started having black stools. I went to the doctor and my blood work showed my Iron and Hemoglobin had dropped. I went to the emergency room, waited 15 hours and got 4 units of Octaplasma. I thought that was the end of it. However, Christmas eve I woke up with strep throat, another visit to the doctor showed my hemoglobin had dropped again. I went back to emergency, waited 12 hours and got more octaplasma. This exact same scenario when on again in January and February. 
So far I have had an EKG, Ultrasound and Endoscopy. Everything came back normal which is good but it does not explain why my levels keep dropping. 
So to sum it up since November I have been feeling tired and out of breath. I am getting so tired of not feeling well but no one has a magic fix. What I think is happening is I am having a small bleed somewhere in my upper GI tract and its causing these drops in my levels so I continue on with my weekly blood work and pray they start to go up.
I am forever grateful to my amazing friends and family who lift my spirits while I try and get better!




5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having these problems, but very glad to see you are blogging again. For what it's worth, I totally agree that you are probably having a minor bleed somewhere in your GI tract. If it were me, I would treat as if it was a bleed and go for regular infusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my husband has this type of iron loss for several yrs after being diagnosed with Crohn's. His clotting #is 12. They just can't find the gi bleed. He goes to Boston Hemophilia center located at Dana Farber. Depending on his hgb and ferritin he gets iron infusions every 2 weeks to every 6 weeks.lowest hgb was 8!! He has the same tiredness and shortness of breath. Keep on top of getting seen and having infusions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sign of gratitude on how my husband was saved from hemophilia, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered hemophilia and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to hemophilia . I never imagined hemophilia has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.hemophilia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete