Sunday, October 20, 2013

ah to be young and foolish

So, today is my sister in laws 19th birthday. To celebrate, she came to visit us in Calgary and we had a wonderful birthday party for her. It's so nice having family around I have to say and I think my sister in law had a lot of fun which is the main thing! When I first met my sisters in law they were only 10 and 12 years old and now they have grown up in to beautiful, kinds women. I am very happy to have them as my sisters and very grateful that we got to spend a birthday with them. After the birthday party at our house the birthday girl went down town to celebrate with her friends and it made me realize the affect Hemophilia has on the aging process. So far I am only 30 years old I don't know about all of the ins and outs of Hemophilia and aging but I feel like I have always acted older than my age. I think having a chronic illness forces you to do that to some degree. You can never be completely care free, in the back of your mind you are always thinking, I better be careful. I know for me I have been like this since a very young age and as I have mentioned before I am getting more cautious as I get older. I am not interested in staying out too late or wearing myself out. I guess I am just older and wiser. My only fear is that I will one day be too afraid to leave my own house so I do have to push myself to try new things every now and then. Going to North Carolina for me was a huge step and I've promised my sister in law that we would all go to Vegas when she turns 21! After all life is all about celebrating!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment