Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The not so friendly invasion

So, In July, two days before our wedding anniversary, Zane and I were sound asleep.
Earlier in the evening we had hail it woke me up and I came downstairs and Zane and I stood in our back doorway and stared out at the patio. We watched the hail come down and beat up my flowers. We talked for a bit and i went back to bed. At around 3 am we heard a loud crash sound, the dogs started to bark and we both woke up. I looked at my phone and got out of bed. I went back in the bedroom and told Zane I was going downstairs. When I came downstairs the front door was wide open and both dogs had ran out the door I was so confused a few seconds later Zane came down and said Ryanne, the TV is gone. That's when it hit me that we were robbed.
I went to the knife block and grabbed the biggest knife we have. And then I called 911.
The rest is a blur I mean its all a blur really.
I felt very violated and very scared. I felt like I was never going to sleep again.
Immediately after my biggest concern was Lily. We called out to her but she wouldn't come back and I worried the robbers would kick her or run her over or something I mean I still didn't fully know what was happening.
At this point we still didn't know if anyone was in the house as we have a basement and a detached garage. The police arrived 14 minutes later and I must say the 911 operator was so helpful.
Anyways the main thing is we are happy and healthy and recovering and that isn't even the worse thing that happened to us this summer! Our poor little Jade got sick in June and it was just awful. I'll write more about that later. That's enough drama for one post!

2 comments: