Friday, May 13, 2011

High Scool Reunion

So, as I have mentioned before my 10 year High School Reunion is coming up! I was really looking forward to it and I have been on the planning committee for the past year however, since the reunion is in August and I just started a new job I don't think I will be able to make it.
I am disappointed but thats how it happens sometimes. Here is an article that appeared in my hometown Newspaper.

While they’ve gone their separate ways through the years, members of the Stephenville High class of 2001 are eager to reunite and catch up on what they’ve all been up to.


“We are really looking forward to this event,” said Ryanne Radford. “Some people we haven't seen in 10 years. It's going to be a lot of fun.”

Ms. Radford is helping to organize the reunion, along with Karla Benoit, Penny McIsaac and Laura Flynn.

About 50 graduates have confirmed their attendance, which is slated for Aug. 5 to 7 in Stephenville.

Events include a pub night, a dinner and dance, a barbeque and family games day, and a bonfire along the beach at Port Harmon.

Some people we haven't seen in 10 years. It's going to be a lot of fun.” - Ryanne Radford

“Three students from our graduation class have passed away so we are inviting their families to attend on their behalf,” noted Ms. Radford. “We are also inviting our former teachers to attend the (dinner and dance) event.”

The committee has set up a Facebook event page, where former classmates are conversing about the reunion.

“Wow! You guys are on the ball. This is awesome. If I can help out in any way, let me know,” wrote Allison Basha on the webpage.

Ms. Radford replied that she needed help with the pub event. By Chris Vaughn The Georgian. http://www.thegeorgian.ca/News/2011-05-11/article-2496452/Former-Stephenville-High-students-planning-reunion-/1

1 comment: