Friday, February 21, 2014

The Neurologist

So, I went to see a neurologist today and I've decided that I would like to go see one every day because he was so kind. In all seriousness he said that my recent bouts of pains were not neurologically related. He said that sometimes tests come back negative but at the end of the day if you're having pain your having pain. He seemed to really understand both sides of the story in that my Doctors don't want to give me plasma willy nilly but at the same time, I don't want to be in pain. He suggested that I sit with my doctors and come up with a plan for the next time I have unexpected pain for example, how many days will we let the pain continue before we infuse?
The neurologist then went on to say one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. He said that I seem like a very strong and very resilient person, he said that I didn't describe myself as a victim and that he was very impressed with me. 
When you are a full time patient you don't get a lot of things like that, I don't get promotions or huge pats on the back like that. 
I guess having someone say that to me is the equivalent of a normal person getting a good performance review which again doesn't happen to me a lot because most employers don't appreciate their employees being off sick often. 
I am really happy I went to the appointment and I am very happy that I don't have any underlying issues because I must say having Hemophilia is enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment