Saturday, February 13, 2010

Here comes the bridesmaid!!

The Volunteer Appreciate event was a success! Events like that are one the only perks of having severe Hemophilia.

Another perk is the wonderful people I have met while attending Hemophilia conferences.

One such friend has recently asked me to be her Bridesmaid! I am so excited about it. I never thought anyone would ever ask me to be a bridesmaid just because I get sick at the drop of a hat and thus am not very reliable. However, the bride also has a bleeding disorder, so she understands.

With the wedding in mind, I am working on losing some weight. I have 7 months so it seems doable. I think.

You see, last year I had a severe bleed in my iliopsoas muscle. I was admitted to the hospital for two months, received 50 units of blood and was on bed rest for about 5 months.

Not to mention the fact that I was on steroids as well. All of this resulted in me gaining a bunch of weight. I can’t blame it all on my Hemophilia, I mean I did drown my troubles in food and had a bit of a pity party but the main thing is I am feeling better now and looking forward to getting into better shape.

So to do this, I’ve decided to sign up to do a half marathon, walking of course.

I've never taken on anything like this before so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment