Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

So I just had my 27th Birthday! It was great. I got lots of beautiful cards and gifts. I had a birthday party as well and that was a lot of fun!
Every year when I have a birthday that I am able to enjoy with friends and family I am so happy.
It reminds me of my 13th birthday that I spent in the Childrens Hospital.
It sounds awful I know, but looking back on it, it wasn't too bad.
First of all, it was great to have my whole family together. My mom had quit her job to come stay with my while I was in the hospital, my older sister Kelli came to visit me from University and my father flew down from Alberta.
For my birthday we went to Pizza Hut and I will never forget it because it was the first time we were all together again since my parents got divorced when I was 6.
It was also a good birthday because my doctor who was only a resident at the time, made me a birthday cake.
The staff also had a cake for me and sang me happy birthday! It was really special.
I guess it just goes to show you that no matter how bad things get, you can still find some joy. I feel like I have been doing that my whole life and sometimes I get worn out and tired of it, but so far i've always been able to smile after it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment