Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hemophilia Bracelets

For as long as I remember I have worn a Medic Alert Bracelet (Or a hemophilia bracelet as I like to call it.)
My mother always tells me about how when I was a child I would try to rip off my bracelet or take it off. I just absolutely hated it.
As I got older, they came out with really nice jewelry through medic alert, necklaces, pendants and bracelets, which were actually really nice and didn't clash with my style or whatever style I thought I had as a teenager!
Over the years I have tried all of them but the bracelet seems to be the best. The one I have right now matches my watch so most of the time people don't even know that it is in fact a medic alert bracelet.
When I was at a conference in Ottawa I met a guy who had his medic alert information tattooed onto his wrist.
I thought it was a great idea because it was unique and he never has to worry about losing his bracelet!
Whatever method you choose wearing your medic alert bracelet key! It can save your life and in the end what is more important than that!?

1 comment:

  1. Seen some people sporting those bright metallic bracelets? In most cases, these are medical id necklaces and they contain important emergency data that’s employed by the paramedics and other first response teams.

    ReplyDelete