Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grief and Education

So, Tomorrow marks my second week of grief counselling. I have to say its been very helpful. I still think about Charlie everyday. Sometimes when I actually think about how I will never get to speak to him again and hear his big booming voice I get so overwhelmed I have to change the subject.
Tonight I am writing my blurb for my little presentation tomorrow. I will be speaking to some members of the Hematology department at the Foothills Hospital as well as some of the first year medical students at the University of Calgary. I only have to speak for 10 minutes but I want to make sure they have all the facts they need to understand my 27 years with this condition. I would also like them to learn a little bit about how it actually feels to be in and out of hospitals and how hard it is to communicate sometimes with doctors that aren't familiar with your condition.
I am excited to talk with them and hear what questions they will have for me but at the same time it's not like I have accomplished anything. I mean basically I was just born with this disease I didn't really do anything. But some days just living to tell about it feels like a big achievement!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. I know how it feels like when you lost one of your closest; I've been through it. Hope you can receive good treatment for your illness. Chin up and all the best to you! :)

    Greeting from London

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I never knew how hard it would be! I am going do continue grief counselling! Thank you so so much!
    take care of yourself and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete