Sunday, March 6, 2011

When the shoes on the other foot...

So, last week Zane tore a muscle in his calf! He has been in so much pain and has to use crutches to get around.
I must say if I had the choice I would much rather be sick than him! It seems like when I am the sick one things run much more smoothly. For example, I've been driving around with the hood up for the last few days with the block heater cord hanging out, also I went to take the garbage out (which Zane normally does) and ended up locking myself out for like ten minutes!
Also, it's hard to watch someone you love in pain.
With that being said I did have a great birthday! I had a few friends over and celebrated with some food and wine. Zane celebrated with us and you would never know there was anything wrong with him. I am always amazed at how people can still have a smile on their face despite huge obstacles. I've noticed this especially in the friends I have met from India. They do not have free medical care and sometimes have major complications because of their lack of access treatment. Yet, every time I talk to them they are always kind and pleasant no matter what, even when they are having a bleed. It is very inspiring and encouraging!

2 comments:

  1. Wish for speedy recovery for Zane.
    Nice to see your birthday snaps ... and your sparkling jubilant eyes and Birght white teeths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhawal, Thank you so much! it was a nice night I must say! and Zane is feeling a little bit better each day! thanks for writing and reading!!! xoooxx

    ReplyDelete