Monday, September 27, 2010

All's well that ends well

So, today I went to the Hemophilia clinic at 7 a.m. After an examination my hemophilia nurse was not convinced the pain in my knee was a bleed so I saw the Hematologist, physiotherapist and had an ultrasound.
My physiotherapist suggested that the pain could be caused by osteo arthritis. I understand that at first the symptoms pointed towards that and a lot of Hemophiliacs do have arthritis related problems but I was really upset that she would suggest that without knowing 100%. It was really scary to think that I would have yet another long term health condition!
Luckily, it turned out just to be inflammation in the joint from being over worked.
I say just inflammation like it is no big deal but it did cause me to spend all weekend in bed, 9 hours at the hospital and now I will be taking about 3 days off of work.
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to kick back and relax for a few days but there is only so much of it you can take. I guess I can look on the bright side and take this time to catch up on some housework and maybe work on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment