Saturday, September 25, 2010

Party Pooper


So, today I woke up and thought, hey I have a bleed in my knee. It's never a good day to have bleed but today just happens to be one of my best friends birthday party.

It started to get sore around noon but it took me until at least supper time to finally admit to myself that there was no way I was going to be able to go out all night with a swollen knee.

I called the birthday girl and of course she was not mad at all she was just concerned about me. I know it sounds immature but I was so mad that I couldn't go out. Even after all these years it's still hard for me to just drop everything I'm doing and lie around in bed.

Luckily most of friends are use to me having to cancel every now and then but I have to say it did break my heart to not go out with her. She has been there for me through good times and bad times and I hate it when I am unable to return the favour!

I guess I'll just have to get her an awesome birthday gift!

As for my knee I am still deciding what to do. The Hemophilia clinic is not open on the weekends and the emergency room is just a nightmare so I am going to give it one more day and if I am still in lots of pain by tomorrow then I will go in.

Part of me hopes that I will wake up tomorrow and the pain will be gone but I know the chances of that are very slim.

In the grand scheme of things spending one day in the hospital is really not a big deal but it still takes me a day or so to wrap my head around it.

In the mean time I will put my legs up, watch TV and try to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment