Thursday, September 30, 2010

Special Day

So, today I had a special mass for Charlie. In the catholic religion, when someone passes away, it is recommended to have a mass for them. So that is what I did.
It was just a short mass and it wasn't the funeral or anything but I thought I would invite a few of my friends. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a lot of them to come, just because it's a week day and it was early in the morning.
I had a terrible sleep last night and when I woke up I wasn't looking forward to going to mass. I knew I would break down and I knew it was going to be hard.
But I was very wrong. It was hard, but I had so much support it was overwhelming!
We arrived about 15 minutes before the mass and every time I looked around the church, more and more of my friends walked through the door.
I honestly couldn't believe it! About 10 of my friends came to support me for that whole hour and I will never forget it!
Afterwards we went for breakfast and laughed and cried it was a great sad day.
I will continue to have masses for Charlie but I feel like next time I will be strong enough to go by myself.
In other news, I have rested my knee and I am back for my first day at work in a week! I'm actually really looking forward to it. I never thought I would say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment