Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sissies!


So, Zane and I are getting into the Christmas spirit by putting up our tree this weekend! I always love putting up the tree while listening to cheesy Christmas music is it bad that I really want to buy O Holy Night (CD/DVD)this year?
Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about the conference I just went to in Vancouver and I thought about how almost all of the participants were paired up for example, sisters, brothers, mothers and daughters. But my whole life I have never had that! Everyone in my whole entire family is pretty much healthy so I've never had someone in my family with Hemophilia. Until I met Tammy. When I was about 12 years old my mom came home and told me that we had another sister who turned out to be a carrier of Factor 5 deficiency. I was blessed to have one older sister, Kelli but when I found out we had another sister I was ecstatic! The more I get to know Tammy to more I find out how she is so much like us! The last time she was in Stephenville was for Charlie's funeral it was an awful experience but having Tammy there felt right. It felt like it should have always been that way, the three of us putting on our make up and getting ready in the bathroom, all of us having meals together and laughing and joking.
Sometimes I get sad to think about all the years I didn't get to spend with her but in the end I feel like I am so glad to have her in my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment